BOHOL x SIQUIJOR 2016.5

11:16 PM

Note: I edited the title of this post since this is about the day we spent at Siquijor. <3

Read part 4 here.

It was around 4 in the afternoon when we reached the Tagbilaran Port. We first checked the schedule of Lite Shipping for ferries going to Siquijor. The soonest schedule was at 8 o'clock that evening. Unfortunately, the Ticketing Office was closed when we arrived but will open at around 7 PM according to one passerby. 

We decided to eat first at the Mang Inasal establishment that we passed by while going to the Port. After the heavy meal, we looked for possible accommodations where we could stay overnight. Our previous contact from Tori's Backpackers Paradise mentioned that they were already fully booked, the same goes for the other pension houses we saw over the internet. 

Still full of determination, our friend was positive that we would find accommodations being offered at the Port of Siquijor. Honestly speaking, I already lost all hope and was prepared to sleep at the Port. But God is good...

Before boarding the ferry going to Larena. Haggard na kaming lahat!!! (c) Christian Cantos

We boarded the ferry between 7:45 and 8:00 that evening. I was still in high school the last time I rode a ferry, so I was really uneasy during the trip. I managed to contain myself by playing games on my phone, observing the other passengers, and chatting with my friend. I also felt sleepy in the middle of our voyage so I used the free foam provided by the ship hihihihihii~

During the earlier part of the trip, an unknown number called my friend. It was Ms. Merlinda from the Sunny Shine Beach Resort. Turned out, we were recommended by the staff from Villa Marmarine since they were also fully booked. Thank you po~~~

We arrived at Larena around 11 PM. Manong Rudy and another staff from Sunny Shine fetched us from the Port since it was already late at night. I would be lying if I said I wasn't worried at all. I'm the type of person who don't trust people easily and knowing the ghost aswang stories about Siquijor, I AM SOOOO FREAKIN' WORRIED. But of course I had to be brave for the sake of my friends who were obviously having a mini heart attack on our way to the resort. 

Come on. It is almost 12 midnight and the resort is a couple of minutes away from the Port. It is also located in a secluded area in the island (but also on the beachfront)... Paranoia at its finest.

We were welcomed by Nanay Merlinda when we arrived. I somehow felt guilty because of the thoughts that previously crossed my mind. They were very hospitable and accommodating. Compared to the other resorts that we stayed at during this trip, I had to say that they gave the best customer service. They provided us with everything that we need before we could even ask for it.  








I highly recommend this resort for those of you who are looking for a place to stay at Siquijor. The room is spacious and comfortable, air conditioned, equipped with television and refrigerator, as well as strong wifi connection. The best part is, the overnight stay comes with free breakfast and the use of swimming pool, all at an affordable price!

Read part 6 here.

You Might Also Like

0 comments