eLBi Diaries: Faustina's

7:45 PM

I consider November as my official hell month. With lots of deadlines and bulk of customer requests in the lab, I would normally prefer to just stay at home and relax after work. 

What's good about 11-11 is that aside from the 2016 AFSTRI Cultural Night at IRRI, my officemates and I were able to dine our stresses out. We're only halfway through this hell month, and we desperately need to prepare for the remaining 19 days of November. 

In continuation of my eLBi Diaries, here's an entry for one of the most recommended restos at eLBi: Faustina's.  




The place. Let's start off with the overall ambience and location of the restaurant. If you're not from Los Banos, Faustina's may be a bit difficult to find. The restaurant is small and can't accommodate a lot of customers, but it can create a more intimate and relaxed atmosphere. 

I also want to give a double thumbs up for the interior design. 




The food. Faustina's menu is somewhat similar to that of Bonitos'. Since our trio is composed of pasta-lovers, we ordered Spaghetti and Meatbombs (one of their bestsellers) and Classic Crispy Bacon Alfredo

Obviously, being a white-sauce enthusiast, it was love at first bite. I find it a bit salty though. Just imagine lots of bacon toppings on a creamy and cheesy white sauce. But well, you have to accept its flaws if you love something. HAHA. Hugoooot!

Classic Crispy Bacon Alfredo

I am always on the safe side when I order pasta. I always end up ordering whichever white-sauced pasta is available on the menu since I'm not really fond of the authentic Italian red sauce. You can blame Jollibee for my sweet spaghetti preference! Chos! 

I had a taste of Spaghetti and Meatbombs from Ate Mitzi's plate, and I know that I'd definitely give this one a try on my next Faustina visit. 

Spaghetti and Meatbombs

One of the things I like at Faustina's is that you can order a junior size of their pastas. This is highly recommended if you're also planning to order their pizza. (Random thought: am I the only one thinking that pasta is best partnered with pizza??)

Sooooo, we ordered one of their bestsellers. Presenting... Faustina's Hungarian Sausage and Onion Pizza!!! *tugs tugs tugs* (insert party music here, lol)

Hungarian Sausage and Onion Pizza

Shout-out to Ace for providing the lights, making this shot as enticing and mouthwatering as the real one  

It's so photogenic, I'm crying tears of joy right now. Lol~~

The photos above are not enough to give justice on the savory taste of the pizza. The crust is one of the most important part of the pizza to be considered. If the crust is too thick, there is a high tendency to feel fed up or to feel full instantly (actually what I'm trying to say is MADALING MAUMAY in Filipino. But I can't find the right term huhu). If the crust is too thin, there's also a tendency to not savor and appreciate the pizza's flavor. Pizza analyst ang peg. 

Faustina's definitely put this into consideration and made sure that their pizza crust's thickness is just right. Their pizzas are definitely the best in town and I have to say that the Hungarian Sausage and Onion pizza owned my heart.

Now let's move on to the desserts. A meal is not complete without a bite of sweets~ Mango Crepe for Ate Mitzi...

Mango Crepe


...and Blueberry Cheesecake for me~~

Blueberry Cheesecake 

Personally, I wasn't extremely satisfied with my dessert. The texture is super thick and creamy and I can barely taste the "cheese" in the cheesecake. Somehow disappointed. For the first time, I wasn't able to finish a dessert. 

The service. So far. I find the staff very accommodating. I think they had fun watching us with our mini pictorial while waiting for the food. HAHA.


Location: Lola J Bldg., 10278 Ruby St., Los Banos, Laguna 

Price Range: Php 150-500 

Rating: ♥ ♥ ♥   [5/5]


You Might Also Like

0 comments