Cheers to a New Beginning: Building a New and Better Me ♥

3:39 PM

Hello 2014!

I’m not really the type of person who makes New Year’s Resolution since I believe that you don’t really need to wait for the New Year to start thinking of things that you want to change or improve about yourself. But after a series of self-reflection these past few days, I realized the issues that need to be addressed ASAP.

I’m not sure if you can call these New Year’s Resolution but, these are the improvements I want to achieve this year:


Be Healthier.  
 
tumblr.com
I’m a self-proclaimed carnivore and that is the first thing that I want to change. There’s this popular cli'ché that you are what you eat… so I’m healthy like one of my favorite sources of meat [if you know what I mean, haha].

There is also more than just losing those excess pounds. I have serious self-esteem issues right now and the first step to improve the situation is by eating healthy. By eating healthy, you will feel good inside and it will reflect on the outside, thus making you feel more confident and satisfied with yourself.   


Go Out More Often.



Going out doesn’t really mean, going to clubs, drinking and partying. ‘Going out,’ in my vocabulary means going to other places and meeting new people. To be honest, my social life sucks. Hahaha.

I feel the need to also go out in the real world. I’m stuck with my comfort zone and I don’t really have the chance to go out anymore because of my busy schedule. Let’s be clear, I love my circle of friends and I enjoy their company A LOT, but there’s nothing wrong with meeting new people, right? Hehe~


Be a Better Christian.


I have to admit that 2013 had been a busy year for me so I wasn’t able to put much effort on my spiritual growth. I haven’t opened my Bible for more than 6 months now… tsss. Bad Tini.

Two years ago, I was actually scared of reading the Bible especially the Book of Revelations. But then, my Christian friends encouraged me to read it, so I did. I can still remember the first time I read it. I don’t know how to explain it, but the feeling of happiness is different. Parang ang gaan-gaan ng feeling and I can feel His presence. I felt L O V E D.

I want to feel that again, so I will do my best to reconnect with the Lord.


Learn to Trust My Abilities.



If there is someone who always doubt the things that I will do, that would be: myself. F E A R is my worst enemy and I know that it is slowly pulling me down, keeping me from becoming not just a successful career-woman but also a better person.

I always worry about things and situations that are not yet happening and if I could do certain things. Belittling myself has become a hobby. I know that I wouldn’t reach anything if I continue to hold myself back, so I MUST change this attitude.

I cannot promise to become a "perfect" person because no matter what I do, I will never be one. I'm just a mere human, hello? But this year, I'll try to become better by putting a little more faith in the abilities that God has given me. I promise to take risks and get out from my comfort zone.

Yes, New Year marks the beginning of a new journey. A journey filled with expectations, surprises, and new learnings. So, let us all welcome 2014 with a blast! Cheers~









*Please click the images for source. Thanks~

You Might Also Like

0 comments